The last week, every eye was on the build event and the new windows but it was also the occasion of releasing to the developpers a new version of WPF. You can test it by downloading the runtime and Visual Studio on MSDN.
In the next weeks, I’ll try to describe each of them in a specific post.
So what’s New in WPF Version 4.5 Developer Preview ? Here is a list of the new features and their regarding post :
- Synchronously and Asynchronously validating data
- Improved Support for Establishing a Weak Reference to an Event
- New methods and features for the Dispatcher class
- Automatically updating the source of a data binding
- Retrieving data binding information from a binding expression
- Markup Extensions for Events (advanced example)
- Accessing collections on non-UI Threads
- Integrating WPF with win32 Graphical User Interfaces
- Binding to static properties
- Repositioning data as the data’s values change (Live shaping)
- New features for the VirtualizingPanel
- Improved performance when displaying large sets of grouped data (same post)
- Binding to types that Implement ICustomTypeProvider
- Ribbon control
- Checking for a valid DataContext object
You can also read this MSDN page : “New and enhanced features in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) version 4.5″.